1. Establish a good retirement fund: when you are working, your company gives you option of couple of pension fund. Pick a retirement plan in which you can get maximum factor from your employer as well. Try and push your slab to the maximum benefit from employer’s side.
2. Spend your money wisely: do not spend money on the things which you don’t need. Try to live a decent lifestyle with no extra frills. You can keep your money in some fix deposit as well so that you can reap the benefit in the later stages of your life.
3. Start some online work: if you have a hobby which can also help you in making money, then you must pursue it. Nothing is better than doing the work you like and earning from it as well. You can also establish a small office in your garage or probably in your study.
4. Take care of your health: do not neglect your health when you are working because you will have to pay for it later. Always give priority to your health so that you can enjoy your pension with great zeal and you have things to look forward too.
5. More is absolutely merrier: try to think of an amount which you would require to lead a comfortable life when you retire. Once you have an idea about that amount, start working towards it. The more amounts you will be able to save, the better it will be for you.
6. Plan ahead: when you are retired, you have all the time in world. Use this time wisely, always plan ahead for the things which you want to do. Do not make any nasty choice, which can cost you in your old age. Invest your money in the right companies after doing complete analysis and talking to people. Read all the papers that company provided you.
The above said things are just some of the points which you should take care of while getting retired or while even planning for it. You must be well versed with your assets. Happy retirement!