Meeting and dating people online has become a completely ordinary thing nowadays. Finding a partner is also not something new. In the last couple of years it has even become widely spread and approved. Still in this type of dating there are some rules:
Although people use Facebook or Twitter, Internet offers more where you can meet your soul mate. Some of them are specialized, so you can find sites for football fans, tall people, people who live in Russia etc.
Today rarely who signs their name, so if you are serious try to avoid nicknames like ‘hot stuff’, ‘sugar daddy’ etc.
When you create your profile honesty is most important.
Here are some tips how to explain yourself in a couple of phrases:
• You are not at a job interview so you don’t have to list your abilities-it is enough to start with what you expect.
• List the things you like and the things you are fascinated in that is sometimes more relevant than your picture.
• Don’t lie-have in mind that you will at some point meet this person in reality.
The photograph is the first thing that intrigues us, so members put photographs they look good on, which can lead to frustration to the other person at a certain point in time. So, choose a photograph in which you are relaxed and if possible with a hint to some of your interests. Let them see that you aren’t just one of…
You should have in mind that not everyone is in the mood for interacting at a certain time, so you shouldn’t be stubborn. But you shouldn’t wait because you fear of being rejected. It is very good that on people’s profiles you can see their passions and judge which topic is mutual for the two of you. One research has shown that when first approaching someone you should set up a relationship by talking about a mutual interest. When the debate starts it’s easy from there.
While obeying the above rules that make the dating encounter more effective we mustn’t forget some rules for security.
1. Not every dating website does a routine check of their members. There are people who steal identities open false profiles on these websites. So don’t believe everything.
2. Always use your common sense and suggestions when interacting or meeting people.
3. You should never list your full name in your profile, as well as your individual email address, home address, home or mobile phone number, your work address or any other personal information which can be used to discover your identity. Stop interacting with people who ask for your personal or financial information, or try in any way to get them by misleading you. You should report these people to user support.
4. If you decide on a meeting in reality with another member from the site, always tell your friend or your family where you are going and when you’ll be back. Always set up a meeting in a public place near other people. Never give your home address to an unknown person or invite them to your home. Always use your own transport to and from the meeting place.
If you follow these simple rules don’t ask yourself whether you can date online anymore. All you need to do is to have an Internet network.